April 18-22, 2018 - A Springtime Roman Learning Voyage: Renew. Regenerate. Reconnect - a 5 day/4 night Women's Retreat(in English)
Renew. Regenerate. Reconnect.
Join Dorian, several of the Italian CIYO programs faculty based in Rome and 12 other women during Springtime in Rome for an English-language revitalizing experience. We will use the lens of the power and grace of the feminine as a way of organizing our exploration.
During our 5 days/4 nights together you will have a range of options:
- hosted group sessions to test out new ideas, brainstorm on current challenges, or dialogue on topics of shared interest;
- the precious treat of time to use as you wish: for yourself alone, with others travelers, or in meeting up with local friends;
- the option of a 1:1 Play Big coaching session with Dorian Baroni - note: can be accessed before, during or after the trip;
- curated daily group outing options* that will focus on the power of the feminine in Rome's Art, Architecture, Rituals, Food, History, Fashion, Politics and Progress
* Here is a sampling of some of group outing options to give you some idea of how we will take in Rome:
- an empathy walk along the Via Appia Antica also known as Rome's Queen of Roads,
- a visit to the Villa Borghese to learn more about the life and power of Paolina Borghese, marvel at her statue and consider both the artistic mastery and challenging symbolism of Bernini's Daphne and Apollo or Pluto and Persephone,
- tea or coffee in the Chiostro del Bramante museum cafe behind Piazza Navona that has a secret view of some Sibille,
- a guided session on the work of Artemisia Gentileschi, a master painter of the italian renaissance whose work stayed hidden for centuries,
- a Roman cuisine cooking class,
- a lunch outing to a restaurant built within a hill of Roman 'cocci' followed by an unusual place to visit: the Cimitero Acattolico (any Shelley, Keats or Gramsci fans?), etc.
- we will visit a local non-profit set up to integrate recent refugees from Africa and the Middle East into Italian life. We will young women and men who have benefited from the center's program as well as the staff who have made the place happen (a donation to the center from our group is included in the cost of our voyage)
And of course, there will be time and space for lots of gentle meandering the streets of Rome's historic center for gelato, sightseeing, shopping and people watching, as well as learning and playing together. And not to be missed when in Italy, eating together to get a taste of real Roman cooking.
Our Venue: We will base ourselves at a charming boutique hotel near the Colosseum, the Profumo Maison D'Hotes that we have pre-booked for our exclusive use.
Our days will start with breakfast on the terrace and then we'll take it from there.
Join us for a taste of Romans' love of a life, lived fully. Renew. Regenerate. Reconnect.
Cost: $1350 covers the following costs: your hotel room for 4 nights/5 days, breakfast, aperitivo and dinner daily, sessions selected by CIYO faculty, a donation to the refugee center, all curated tours, a cooking class and museum fees - because of the small size of the group and our exclusive use of the Profumo Maison D'Hotes hotel, a $750 deposit is due at registration to hold your space (airfare, local transportation to/from the hotel not included)