SESSION 6 - April 24, 2017
EMPHASIS: Presence and Purpose: A particular systems view of ourselves and our context/s- with guest faculty: Peri Chickering and Barbara Cecil
WEBINAR RECORDINGS - NOTE the RECORDINGS FOR THIS SESSION HAVE NOT BEEN POSTED TO PRESERVE THE INTEGRITY OF THE FULL COUNCIL ON UNCERTAIN HUMAN FUTURE VIDEO
In our session on Monday, we started out with:
Check In around the questions:
1. What is a limiting belief or assumption that you have become aware of, these past many weeks thanks to the work on Ladder of Inference, or Immunity to Change or any of the other work we have been doing together and in parallel.
2. What is one enabling belief or assumption that you have become aware of.
Note: This check in was done to allow us to each notice where go first habitually: Inner Critic/Limiting Assumptions or Inner Mentor/ Enabling assumptions, or some combination thereof. And to encourage more of a volume increase of the enabling inner talk (i.e. Self-Kindness).
Then we watched an excerpt from the video that was sent as prework (see below link). It is a beautiful and deep 30 minute dialogue, and Peri and Barbara especially invited us to focus on the words of Camille Seaman (minute 31:48 through 34:48).
Then Peri and Barbara invited us to pair up with someone else and to each then answer the following 4 questions from the CIYO Gratitude Reflection handout (also above in materials) giving ourselves 4 minutes per question (so at a minimum 16 minutest to speak out loud the answers or thoughts that these 4 questions bring forth, without editing or being edited):
1. List the gifts that you have been given or the lessons you have taken with you, by your relatives, ancestors, teachers and spiritual guides
2. What have you learned from the non-human world?
3. What have you learned from your dreams and waking visions?
4. What have you learned from your work?
Note 1: This to bring home into our bodies and minds and spirits the reality that: We come into this time well-resourced. In the spirit of gratitude , we realize the gifts that have been given to us that support our lives and our aspirations.)
Note2 : The reflection on the 4 questions is fruitful alone, but even more fruitful when done with another as a mutual witness. If you do this with someone else, give each other the full 16 minutes without interruption. The witness simply time keeps the 4 minutes per question.
All of the above to bring home to each of us the awareness that we are each uniquely built for these times, are well resourced for whatever work is ours to do and be, and that we need not rush or push or pull in ways that are forced as part of our gift is to listen with clarity to right time, right place, right action. As needed and wanted.
Portal or Entry Page
Access Course Materials
- Session Materials and Recordings
- Getting Started To Do List
- Learn about the role of coaching to support you
Need Help with Something?
- Email Dorian for questions or support